Your Products on Instagram
When it comes to posting your products on Instagram, don’t just rely on a boring single product shots you’re using on your e-commerce site – mix it up a little.
Instagram is the place where you can be as creative as you like with the images you post. I created three lists of content inspiration for featuring your e-commerce brand on Instagram:
- Show off your Products
- Go Behind the Scenes, and
- Inspire your Customers.
The images below are examples of brands that are adept at promoting their product range on Instagram without coming across and too sales-oriented. Visit their Instagram pages for more ideas and inspiration.
1. Show off your Products
- Post an image of a group of your products arranged in an eye-catching way.
- Zoom in close or at an odd angle and ask your Instagram followers to guess what it is.
- Show images of your product being used.
- Show how you product is made. This is an especially good technique if your product is hand-made. A series of shots posted throughout the day is a way to get your followers to check back in to see your progress.
2. Go Behind the Scenes
- Instagram shouldn’t just be about selling your products, but you want all of your posts to tie back to your brand and your vision. So how about taking a few moments to go behind the scenes in your office, workshop or design area. This allows you to still show off your product lifecycle, without blatantly selling your product.
- Don’t just focus on products, but also humanize your brand by spotlighting your employees and team members. If they’re shy, you can take photo at cryptic angles (e.g. over the shoulder, so they’re featured, but not in plain sight).
- If you’re attending an industry event or trade show, use it as an opportunity to take your Instagram followers along with you and give them a behind the scenes look at a day in the life of your brand.
3. Inspire your Customers
- Share positive quotes and inspiration with an eye-catching image. There’s plenty of on-line site with lists of quotes. Just search on terms that are related to your brand positioning….. or better yet, make some up of your own.
- If you’ve overcome a challenge in your business, share the solution with your customers. Many of them may be encountering the same challenges, and by sharing your success they can be inspired. (e.g. short on space in the office? how can you reorganize your shelves to create more real estate?)
- Nothing inspires like free goods. Use competitions or promo events to raise your brand profile and attract new Instragram followers.
Do you need more inspiration?
Visit the leading brands noted in these images and scroll through their Instagram streams for more tantalizing images and inspiration.